Grootbos Private VillaSouth Africa|Western Cape Province|Gansbaai
Nestled between mountain and sea, Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a five-star eco-paradise showcasing the incredible Flora and Marine life of the Southern Tip of Africa. Home of the "Marine Big 5" - whales, sharks, dolphins, seals and penguins; and with unparalleled floral diversity, Grootbos offers you a one-of-a-kind luxury African experience. Only 2 hours from Cape Town and 30 minutes from Hermanus on the way to the world-renowned Garden Route, Grootbos is perfectly situated between the classic attractions of the Cape and is most certainly a highlight on any itinerary. Nestled carefully into the natural gaps of an enchanted Milkwood forest, the 11 freestanding suites are stylishly furnished with luxurious canopy beds, spacious en suite bathrooms, separate lounges with cosy fireplaces and private wooden decks with spectacular panoramic views. The luxury and comfort of each of these suites combined with the soothing sounds of nature and the view of the ocean sparkling in the distance framed by the gnarled branches of an ancient Milkwood tree is a truly restorative and uplifting experience that will have you wishing you could stay forever. True to its name, the warm and welcoming Garden Lodge is set amongst an Eden of beautifully landscaped fynbos gardens and indigenous trees. Fashioned from stone, thatch and timber, the Garden Lodge reflects African warmth with an intercontinental twist, blending perfectly into the surrounding landscape. The curved lines, high beamed ceilings and endless windows enhance the sensation of light, freedom and natural flow and make full use of the incredible sweeping views across mountain and sea. An elegant restaurant, spacious lounge, beauty salon, library and children’s entertainment room ensure that all needs are satisfied. The wooden deck, terrace and superb pool area extend the interior space into the outdoors allowing sun seekers and nature lovers to make the most of the rejuvenating environment. The beautifully kept horse stables and outdoor play area with rabbits, ducks and other friendly farm animals provides children with hours of entertainment and facilitated educational activities.Grootbos is about more than just luxury accommodation and eco adventures. Your visit directly contributes to the conservation efforts of the Grootbos Foundation as well as the development of sustainable nature-based livelihoods amongst local communities. It is this core philosophy of conservation linked with social development that has made Grootbos an award-winning world leader in responsible tourism.
6-Bedroom Villa: - 2 Master-Suites with en-suite bathroom (bath, shower and outside shower) - 3 Luxury Bedrooms with en-suite bathroom (bath and shower) - 1 Luxury Bedroom with en-suite bathroom (shower only) - 2 Lounges with satellite TV - 1 fully equipped kitchen with storeroom and scullery - Dining Room - Breakfast area - 2 outside BBQ areas, 1 inside BBQ area - Outside pool - 1 Media Room with big screen and projector - 1 fully equipped office with internet access and telephone - 1 Gym - Wine Cellar - Large outside decks - Own landing strip suitable for helicopters and small planes
- Accommodation for a maximum of 12 adults (fully serviced)-Welcome drink served upon arrival-Breakfast buffet with full English breakfast menu-Light Lunches-5-course dinners or South African Braai-All drinks including spirits, liqueurs and soft drinks. The only drinks excluded are French champagne and premium wines.-Private guide for the duration of the stay with private vehicle-Private chef for the duration of the stay (available for breakfasts, lunches and dinners)-Laundry and valet service-Horse riding for non-and experienced riders(please note that the weight limitis 90kg/198lbs per person) –children under the age of 12 are only allowed on pony rides unless accompanied by parents-Guided Walks including fynbos nature tours and Milkwood walks-Nature, marine & coastal drives including the Walker Bay Nature Reserve, De Kelders cliff walk, Klipgat Cave combined with seasonal land-based whale watching (whale watching especially during June –December)-Various maps of the reserve and the area for self-guided walks-Transfers to/from all activities-Day trip to Cape Agulhas, the most southern tip of Africa-Shopping Excursions to Hermanus -Wine tasting at a wine estate - conservation levy.
- Alcoholic beverages -Laundry -Spa Treatments, whale watching boat trips, boat trips to Dyer Island, Shark Cage Diving, beach horse riding, scenic flights, quad biking, kayaking, wine tours-Items of personal nature (telephone calls, items bought from the Grootbos Gallery
- Activity Desk
- Air Conditioning
- Babysitting Service
- Business Centre
- Kiddies Club
- Laundry Services Available
- Swimming Pool
- WIFI - Free
- Children of all ages are welcomed . Accommodation for a maximum of 12 adults (fully serviced)
- The cancellation fee is a percentage of the full accommodation account .Date of confirmation up to 121 days prior to travel: 5%cancellation fees 120 to 60 days prior arrival 50%59 to 0 days prior arrival100%PEAK SEASON: 16 December 2021–10 January 2022-An initial non-refundable deposit equal to one night’s accommodation and conservation levy to be paid upon confirmation. -The balance of the payment is due by 01stSeptember 2021